Breaking

Tuesday, 21 May 2019

May 21, 2019

Honestly, my wife’s complain makes me angry, husband tells court

The three-year-old marriage between one Kafayat Aliyu and her husband, Kamorudeen, was on Tuesday dissolved by an Idi-Ogungun Customary Court in Ibadan on the grounds of the latter’s irresponsibility.


Kafayat, a trader, who lives at Beyeruka area of Ibadan, told the court that she never experienced peace of mind and enjoyment in the union.

“The problem started the very moment I got pregnant for him. From the period of the pregnancy till birth, he did not contribute a kobo to the union.

“My child is now two years of age without his contribution; my family members and I have been taking care of the boy.

“He never for once bothered about our welfare,” she said.

According to her, whenever he returns home and she asks for money, Kamorudeen will always claim not to have any.

“He will say he didn’t make enough sales from his meat-selling business; this has been his usual excuse.

“He had also beaten me up a number of times.

“One day, he took away all the electronic appliances in the house, my gold chain and earrings as well as my N8,000 without explaining what he did with them,” she said.

Kamorudeen, 35, a resident of Adeoyo area of Ibadan, however, denied beating his wife.

“When I married her, things were going on well, but now, things have changed.

“As a result, I only give her money once in a while.

“She will, however, complain that whatever I give her was too small. Honestly, this makes me angry,” he said.

He also denied packing valuables out of the home and taking her money.

Having heard from both parties, the President of the court, Chief M. B. Balogun, concluded that Kamorudeen was not ready to take up his responsibilities as a husband and father.

He, therefore, dissolved the marriage and ordered Kamorudeen to be paying N5,000 as monthly upkeep allowance for the child.

In addition, he was ordered to be responsible for the payment of the child’s school fees.


NAN
May 21, 2019

Nigerian Army reacts to Wike’s oil bunkering allegation against General Sarham

The Nigerian Army has reacted to claims by the Rivers state governor, Nyesom Wike, that the General Officer Commanding (GOC) 6 Division and Land Component Commander Operation DELTA SAFE, Major General Jamil Sarham, was involved in oil bunkering in the state.


Wike, who is at loggerheads with the Army chief, made the allegations against Sarham when he hosted a team of military personnel in his office last week. He alleged that Sarham was promoting illegal buckering in the Niger Delta region to enable him finance his ambition to be appointed the Chief of Army Staff.

Reacting to the governor's allegation, Colonel Aminu Iliyasu, Deputy Director Army Public Relations, in a statement released, said the claims were false and a deliberate effort to tarnish the towering image of the Chief of Army Staff and the GOC 6 Division.

“Recall that on 22nd February 2019, Governor Wike brazenly alleged that there was an attempt to exterminate his life by assassins organised by the GOC 6 Division. As weighty as the allegation was, we are yet to know any action taken by Mr Wike that guarantees his safety. Mr Wike has since failed to use civilised legitimate options to prove his allegations against Maj Gen Sarham.

“On the mischievous accusation against General Sarham leaking proceeds of State Security Council Meetings to criminals in Rivers State, Mr Wike knows well that Maj Gen Sarham is not a member of the Rivers State Security Council, neither has he ever approached the gates of Rivers State Government House since his assumption of office as the GOC 6 Division.

“Mr Wike only came face to face with General Sarham on the 15th of January 2019 during the 2019 Armed Forces Remembrance Day Parade at Isaac Boro Park. However, the Nigerian Army challenge Wike to provide the public with any evidence of such meetings with Maj Gen Sarham in attendance.

“Accordingly, Wike’s allegation against Major General Sarham’s selfish involvement in illegal oil bunkering is another reckless, spurious and mischievous accusation. Hence, Headquarters 6 Division wish to request the Governor to take the most civilised way of putting up a petition to the relevant authorities to make a point''.

“Mr Wike’s resentment against the GOC is based on the latter’s choice of professionalism and integrity over the billions of naira offered to him by the Governor to compromise the 2019 General Elections. His refusal to be bought over and the rejection of such hefty offer is the genesis of Wike’s hatred and vociferous criticisms against Maj Gen Sarham.

“Consequently, 6 Division Nigerian Army wish to reiterate its commitment to the protection of lives and properties as well as the protection of critical national infrastructure in its Area of Responsibility for the benefit of the nation. The Division wishes to also state that no amount of blackmail and Area boy gerrymandering will affect its resolve and commitment to discharge its roles professionally and in line with the vision of the Chief of Army Staff'' the statement read.
May 21, 2019

Reps pass bill to end HND and BSc dichotomy

The House of Representatives have passed a bill that puts to an end to the dichotomy between Polytechnic Higher National Diploma (HND) and the Bachelor of Science degree (BSc) awarded by the Nigerian universities.


This new development comes after an adopted bill sponsored by Ali Isa and Edward Pwajok from Gombe and Plateau States respectively was passed for second reading since April 2017.

The bill will see to an end to the perceived discrimination against polytechnic graduates. It will also remove the problems being faced by HND holders, especially those in the public service.
May 21, 2019

Fake soldier who brutalized BabaFryo arrested


 The fake Soldier who brutalized Nigerian Legendary musician, Babafryo Igweh on the 19th of May, 2019 ,has been found and apprehended by the Nigerian Army, Ojo Cantonment in Lagos.

This comes two days after the veteran singer shared graphic photos of his battered face on Facebook ,writing:

I was humiliated by unknown soldiers I tried forced them to the barrack a female soldier interfered and allowed them to escape .The case is under investigation. Thanks to ojo army barrack who took d case on their shoulder I pray they ll surely be caught and brought to book.


May 21, 2019

Transgender woman who was brutally assaulted last month has been found dead in Texas

A transgender woman whose brutal assault in April was captured on video has been found dead on a Dallas street.


Police responded to a report of a shooting in the 7200 block of Valley Glen Drive around 6:40 a.m. on Saturday, Dallas Police Major Vincent Weddington said "upon arrival, officers found the complainant lying face down in the street deceased from homicidal violence".

The woman was not carrying identification but the medical examiner positively identified her as Muhlaysia Booker. In a separate incident last month, Booker, 22, was assaulted by several men in the parking lot of a Dallas apartment complex after what police said was a minor traffic accident. Video from the incident showed the suspects repeatedly punching and kicking Booker while she was on the ground.

During the assault, the suspects were reported to have used homophobic slurs, and police trying to determine if it was a hate crime. "I am extremely angry about what appears to be mob violence against this woman," Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings said at the time. "Those who did this do not represent how Dallasites feel about our thriving LGBTQ community. We will not stand for this kind of behavior."

One man, Edward Thomas, was arrested and faces charges over the April 12 assault. But, Weddington said, Thomas had not been linked to Booker's death. "There is nothing at this time to connect Mr. Edward Thomas and the offense that occurred yesterday," he said.

Police are unaware of Thomas' current whereabouts. Police are still trying to identify others who participated in the April attack, Weddington said and encouraged members of the public with information on either case "to come forward with information to bring closure to both these offenses."

Late Booker spoke out in the days after the attack to thank the community for supporting her. "This has been a rough week for myself, the transgender community, and also the city of Dallas. But I want to sincerely thank all you guys for coming out," she said, according to CNN affiliate KTVT. "I will remain strong with your support."

Monday, 20 May 2019

May 20, 2019

Yomi Casual surprises his wife with a Mercedes Benz

Yomi Casual has surprised his wife Grace Makun with a lovely Mercedes Benz which made her rush to Instagram to express excitement.


According to his wife, she doesn’t know what she did to deserve the kind gesture from her husband who is brother to AY Comedian.

She wrote:

Somebody hold me My hubby keeps on doing the most ! What have I done to deserve this amazing gift God bless you baby I love love love my new whip Y’all pls say a quick prayer for my sweet husband for me this is too much.

In a recent interview, Yomi Casual spoke about how he met his wife.

We met at a friend ’ s party some years ago . She came with her elder sister and I think then they worked together at Music Africa .
She was the only reserved girl in the party that day and I was surprised as to why a pretty Lagos girl would wear a suit to a birthday party all covered as if she was going to a church service . That was what really caught my attention . I greeted her but she wasn ’ t so receptive .

Grace on her own part said:

I liked the fact that he is a very kind and understanding person . He is also ambitious and focused.
May 20, 2019

School gardener arrested for beating WASSCE candidate to death

A school gardener, Femi Aderonmu, has been arrested by the Lagos State Police Command for allegedly beating a Senior Secondary School 3 pupil of the Jubril Martins Memorial Grammar School, Iponri, Rafiu Adagun, to death.


It was gathered that Rafiu was heading home after writing his West African Senior School Certificate Examination on Wednesday when he was accosted by the gardener along the Oke-Olu Road in the Iponri area of the state.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Aderonmu engaged the deceased in a fight, which led to the latter being unconscious. He was later rushed to hospital where he was confirmed dead.

In a post on Instagram, Rafiu’s sister, identified simply as Adebusola, accused the school of covering up the incident.

She added that the family got to know of exactly what happened through some pupils, who were eyewitnesses.

She said, “RIP to my lovely brother, who was beaten to death by the school’s gardener, who is 26 years older than him at the Jubril Martins Memorial Grammar School, Iponri.

“There was an attempt to cover up the incident by the school authority at first. They said he (Rafiu) suddenly slumped and died, but we made them understand that he was healthy and we said that we wouldn’t accept that excuse.
May 20, 2019

One person killed, 17 others abducted as gunmen raid a church in Kaduna during choir practice

At least one person was killed and 17 others abducted when gunmen attacked some communities in Kaduna State on Sunday.


The church attack was carried out on the Evangelical Church Winning All (ECWA) while the villages affected are Dankande and Dogon Dawa in Birnin Gwari local government area and Guguwa-Kwate village and Rigasa area in Igabi local government area of the state.

In Dankande, a witness said over 20 gunmen surrounded a church where a choir rehearsal was going on.

The witness said, “It was at about 12:30 midnight. We had a combined choir practice in the church with other neighbouring communities. We normally hold the combine choir practice from 9:00pm to 1:00am.

As we were in the church, the armed men numbering over 20 just surrounded the church and started shooting. Everybody was terrified but there was no how we could run because they had already surrounded the church.”

A community leader in Guguwa-Kwate said his elder brother's son was in the church when the gunmen struck. 

“They entered one house and were beating people. They kidnapped one man and a woman in the house. The killed my senior brother’s son. This is the fifth time these bandits are invading our community. About two months ago, they abducted two people in the farm” he said.
May 20, 2019
Davido took to Instagram to gushbover his girlfriend ,Chioma .


Posting a stunning makeup photo of her,he said “Your body dey blow my mind”

A fan responded that Chioma is so lucky and she’s jealous .Davido made it clear he is lucky too.

How cool!